Inspiring and Educating the Next Generation
Bay Gardens Resorts continues to see the importance of sharing knowledge locally with students on tourism and hospitality as we hope to inspire interested persons to pursue a future career within those sectors.
The founders of this locally owned and managed resort chain, Mr. and Mrs. Destang, as well as General Manager of the Beach Resort and Spa, Ms. Waltrude Patrick, were former teachers and their passion for youth development radiates through numerous of the projects untaken.
How we play our part:
- Adopting Monchy School and Gros Islet Schools
- Implementing feeding programs
- Donating school supplies and inspiring partners such as Ramblers Holidays to join the cause
- Facilitating training and internship programs including Monroe College, CARE and Springboard.
- Hosting school visits
- Splash Island Water Park and Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa has supported the Boys Training Center by hosting the football team after winning the Under 16 Tournament
- Supporting the Chefs in Schools Program as well as hosting the Junior Chef winners from the Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School
- Commitment to supporting local talents such as numerous athletes including Darren Sammy, Lavern Spencer and Julien Alfred
What have we achieved:
- Hosted a night of culinary flair in honour of the Junior Chef winners whereby the proceeds went towards a scholarship for the chefs
- Fostered partnerships with companies to assist with school supplies
Our team continues to encourage, empower and educate our nation’s youth
Bay Gardens Resorts has adopted the Monchy School and Gros Islet Schools and currently runs a feeding program for the students. This initiative seeks to assist families by alleviating the burden of parents and guardians as well as reducing absenteeism in the schools we serve. Throughout the years we have fostered partnerships with local and international brands who have supported our cause by donating school supplies.
Support Training and Internship Programs
We have offered training to students from Monroe College, CARE and Springboard. Many of the students who were part of the internship programs are now full-time employees.
As a locally managed resort chain we aim to share our experience and knowledge with the youth. Students are educated on the operations of resorts which increases the possibilities of a career in this sector.
Supporting for Boys Training Center
Splash Island Water Park and Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa continues to support Boys Training Centre by hosting the football team after winning the Under 16 Tournament.
Support for Chefs in Schools Program and support for Junior Chef winners
Bay Gardens Resorts hosted an evening of culinary flair in 2018 to support junior chefs and continues to support local talent by mentoring students through the Chefs in School Program. This has provided an avenue for showcasing the culinary masterpieces and stylings of junior chefs, which enhances their passion and appreciation for food as well as the art of cooking
Celebrating our Athletes
Through supporting numerous athletes including Darren Sammy, Lavern Spencer and Julien Alfred, we recognize our local talents and reward them for their efforts.