Saint Lucia s Most Rewarding Opportunities
Careers at Bay Gardens Resorts
As the friendliest and most inviting family of hotels in St. Lucia, Bay Gardens Resorts is powered by its dedicated hospitality staff. We are always looking for talented professionals with an attention to detail, focus on providing the best service, and love of authentic St. Lucian hospitality. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Browse our current job openings and career opportunities.
- Executive Sous Chef
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef
Reports to: Food & Beverage Director
- The Executive Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food/beverage to ensure a quality product.
- Manage and motivate kitchen staff. Train new kitchen employees. Ensure that all kitchen workers are performing at the level required by a professional kitchen.
- Create and manage kitchen staffing schedule.
- Monitor, analyze and control labor and food costs. Ensure budgets are met while quality is maintained/improved.
- Ensure food leaving the kitchen is of the highest quality and presented in an attractive manner.
- Assume responsibilities of Executive Chef in his absence.
- Manage food purchasing and storage.
- Establish strict adherence to a safe and hygienic kitchen environment according to state and local authorities.
- In conjunction with Executive Chef, develop new recipes and menus. Produce creative foods with fresh and quality ingredients.
- Maintain the integrity of recipes.
- Stay current with today’s food trends.
- Complete daily food orders based upon scheduled banquet events and projected levels of business.
- Maintain effective working relationships with food and beverage management and staff.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas, coolers, and all equipment, and promptly act to correct any deficiencies found.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent and a foundation degree in culinary arts would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role within the kitchen of a high-volume, full-service restaurant is required.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 12th February 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.