Saint Lucia s Most Rewarding Opportunities
Careers at Bay Gardens Resorts
As the friendliest and most inviting family of hotels in St. Lucia, Bay Gardens Resorts is powered by its dedicated hospitality staff. We are always looking for talented professionals with an attention to detail, focus on providing the best service, and love of authentic St. Lucian hospitality. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Browse our current job openings and career opportunities.
Splash Island Water Park St. Lucia
Department: Splash Island Water Park St. Lucia
Job Title: Lifegaurds
Position Summary: Splash Island Water Park, is seeking bright, ambitious, customer service focused individuals to join our team as a qualified, certified Lifeguard.
Duties And Responsibilities Include:
Maintain continuous surveillance of people in using the water park
Ensure appropriate headcount of people using the park at any one time
Call out warnings to people who may have ventured of limits or are in imminent danger
Provide safety information to people prior to them indulging in the water park activities.
Spot hazards or potential hazards and take measures to prevent accidents
Control and report unruly behavior and evict individuals not adhering to behavior protocols
Perform rescue in the event of drowning or swimming accidents
Perform first aid and CPR according to the demands of adverse situations
The successful candidate must possess the following:
A Bronze Cross or Lifesaving Certificate
Adequate level of competence in swimming in open water ( swimming assessments will be performed where necessary)
Proficiency in First Aid, CPR and AED
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchasing Manager
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports to: General Manager
- The Purchasing Manager works with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required equipment and goods; performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend in search of the best deals and profitable suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Ensure that all order receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers’ promised delivery dates.
- Ensure that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensure & verify that quotations are regularly updated and suppliers’ new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in market.
- Obtain written approval for established minimum/maximum stock levels by the Executive Director and General Manager.
- Check, explain if needed, and approve delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approve all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing and category and establish minimum/maximum estimated stock levels.
- Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Identify items for standing orders utilizing vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensure validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follow up on action taken for disposal.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material and goods availability.
- Approve all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established minimum/maximum stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Purchasing Department which includes staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels as operationally needed.
- Ensure that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Keep all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes; ensuring that all files and listings are up-to-date.
- Liaise closely with the Executive Director, Food & Beverage Director and Cost Controller.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role is required.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com no later than Tuesday 3rd April 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.