Yoga Sessions with Dr. Samantha
Watch the sunrise and begin your day with the mind and body strengthening practice of yoga. Breathing techniques and meditation combine harmoniously to melt away stress and tension that one may carry. Offered three times a week and with the option for private sessions, there will be ample time for everyone to take advantage of our morning yoga sessions.
Yoga is a Sanskrit word derived from the Sanskrit root “yuj” which means to connect, join or balance.
It is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. The Yoga practice includes Asanas (Postures), Pranayama (Breathing Techniques) and Dhyana (Meditation).
General Health Benefits of Yoga:
- Improves physical strength
- Gives mental strength
- Yoga Improves Immunity
- Protects from injury
- Detoxifies the body
- Yoga is one of the best solutions for stress relief. It helps for inner peace.
- Practice of Yoga Offers Greater Awareness
- Gives you Better Flexibility and Posture
Pranayama is control of Breath. "Prana" is Breath or vital energy in the body. On subtle levels prana represents the pranic energy responsible for life or life force, and "ayama" means control or extension. One can control the rhythms of pranic energy with pranayama and achieve healthy body and mind.
Benefits of Pranayama (Breathing Techniques):
- It helps relieving the symptoms of asthma
- It reduces the signs of oxidative stress in the body
- practicing pranayama everyday can assist in steady mind, strong will power and sound judgement.
Meditation is consciously directing your thought or attention to alter your state of consciousness. Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique - such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity.
Benefits of Meditation:
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Gain clarity and peace of mind