Nutmeg Scented Sweet Potatoes
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes (You may substitute with your favourites)
2 oz Butter Melted
3 oz Evaporated Milk
Pinch of Nutmeg
Salt to taste
2 dash of Angostura Bitters
4 oz Cheddar Cheese
1. Boil sweet potatoes until cooked but not soft and cool slightly.
2. Cut potatoes in halves; scoop out the inside without breaking the shell.
3. While the sweet potatoes are still warm add melted butter, milk, nutmeg and Angostura bitters and mix don’t over mix.
4. Scoop mixture into potatoes shells, Add grated Cheese on top of potato and place under a broiler or salamander until golden brown.
5. Potatoes can be prepared in advance and placed in the oven before service.
Time to enjoy!