Recipe of the Month
Salt Fish Accra (Fish Cake)
- 18 oz Salt Fish (Salted Cod Fish)
- 3 oz Chives
- 1 lb Flour
- 3 oz Parsley
- 2 oz Seasoning Pepper
- 3 oz Fresh Celery
- 1 oz Curry Powder
- 2 oz Thyme
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Approx. 2 cups soda water
- For frying: 3 - 4 cups Vegetable oil @ 200 degrees
- Strip the outer excess off the salt fish then boil for about ½ an hour, drain water then boil again for about 20 min.
- Drain then pat dry and cool. Break up the salt fish by hand into small pieces.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl large enough so you can mix well and liquefy.
- The soda water in the batter will allow little oil access when frying and also will also give your fish cakes a lighter consistency.
- Depending on the size desired, you can scoop the batter with anything from a teaspoon to a large serving spoon into your heated frying pan.
- When browned on the bottom flip over mindful of hot splashing oil. Serving is based on the size of the spoon used to fry.