Recipe of the Month
Chocolate & Coconut Egg Custard with Rosemary Ice Cream
- 8 pc Egg yolks
- 120 ml / 12 fl oz Coconut milk
- 120 ml / 12 fl oz Milk
- 120 g / 12 fl oz Melted chocolate
- 2 pc Old coconut each cut in half and washed
- Melt the chocolate in the coconut milk, and add the milk, leave to cool and whisk in the eggs.
- Line the coconut with melted butter and then dust in roasted desiccated coconut, pour in the mixture ¾ the way full.
- Place the coconut in a baking tray three quarters filled with water, then place in the oven for approximately two hours (this takes longer because of the thickness of the coconut shell) at 130 degree c / 320 degree f, when its firm in the middle it’s ready.
Rosemary Ice Cream
- 16 pc Yolks
- 1 liter / 100 fl oz Cream
- 1 large sprig Rosemary – fresh
- Bring the cream to the boil with the rosemary until the cream is fragrant with the herb, let it cool slightly and sift out the rosemary, then slowly pour over the egg yolks whisking all the time
- Add to an ice cream machine, if you do not have an ice cream machine cool and then add to a plastic container place into the freezer
- When it is almost frozen fold it over a few times with a spatula or electric whisk. This brakes it down and it will be softer when it is frozen.
Garnish - Crystalized Rosemary
- 1 med sized sprig Rosemary
- 10 g / 2 tsp Icing sugar
- Take out the egg custard and then place the rosemary ice cream in the middle, garnish with the crystallised rosemary.